Thursday, March 27, 2008

"I feel like Rocky"

Let's just say that Jillian's workouts are . . . psycho! Spoken from the person who runs for hours on end -- this was NOT easy. If you don't already exercise, this is not your book. But if you do, you'll be delivered a set of challenges that you probably wouldn't have attempted. Confronted with the possibility that if I continue doing this it might get easier, I'm sticking with it! (Clarification for 3x per week to supplement my running.) It's weird, at this point (day 3) the food is much easier than the working out -- I am never hungry, which given my fatgirl mentality rarely ever happens.

Yesterday, my friend June and I hit the YMCA and crushed out an hour long workout *was supposed to be 45 minutes but some time was spend debating "Is this how you do it?"*

WORKOUT (I copied June for this):
Dumbbell presses & flys on the body ball
Squats
Plank holds (both side and front)
Close-grip push-ups
Inner thigh raises
Burpies.. (these are fun!)
Sumo Squats
Squat thrusts
W shoulder presses w/ leg extensions
Bench Dips
Rope tricep presses
Static lunges w/ lateral shoulder raise
Mountain climbers
Holding Boat Pose.... and all of this was done with 1 minute jump roping and one minute sprinting (speed 7 on treadmill) throughout (3 sprints / 2 jumping rope)

Mid jump-rope, I realized I hadn't done this since I was about 13. But by the end I was swingin that rope like it was my job and yellin, "YO ADRIAN, I DID IT!!"

P.S. I have a little bit of a heathy obsession with Rocky as demonstrated by my Team in Training Fundraising Website (Shameless fundraising plug): http://www.active.com/donate/tntgsf/tntgsfESalami

2 comments:

lindseydl said...

You are a rockstar, esalami! I wish you all the best and I look forward to reading about your journey. Hopefully you will inspire me along the way too! I am definitely one of those "as soon as..." exercisers, but for real--you know when this upstate weather turns nice, you can't help but go outside. So "as soon as" it's nice out...I'll be gearing up for wedding season.

ROCK ON, HAIRBALL! Love ya.

Christianne said...

Hope your TNT training is going well. I did my half-marathon last week and it was an amazing experience! And now I have another blog to read ;)

-CJ