Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fat free cheese aint so bad

Yesterday I went to the grocery store (I can now remember why I haven't been to the grocery store in months -- that place is hell! The worst thing about my grocery store is that they make an attempt at customer service by trying to pronounce your last name. So, "thank you Ms. Sal...Sala....Salada?" doesn't work for me Just stop, you're embarassing yourself.) and stocked up on new, diet-friendly foods including chicken, ground turkey, various whole wheat and low carb bread products, low fat and fat free dairy products, natural peanut butter, Kashi Go Lean and various fruits and veggies. The goal of my diet as a "balanced oxidizer" is to process a protein, carb and fat in every meal that I have, including snacks. So basically, if I eat an apple, there should be peanut butter on it. Balanced oxidizers function best on this combination, while slow oxidizers need more protien, and fast oxidizers need more carbs.

Here's the plan for this week, of which my friends and I will partake:

-Today: One hour run
-Tomorrow: Make the cut workout (weight-training intensive)
-Thursday: Track workout (speed training)
-Friday: Making the cut
-Saturday: 9 miler
-Sunday: Short jog and making the cut.

We'll see how my pants fit at the end of week one. For all of you making the cut purists out there, you should just follow Jillian's workouts. Please do not run 9 miles or sue anyone because I gave you bad advice. Disclaimer: I am not a personal trainer.

No comments: